May 26, 2017
SCHOOL OFFICE SUMMER HOURS: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-3:00pm; Closed Fridays
PRINCIPAL’S CORNER: “School’s out for the summer!” We wish you all a safe and enjoyable summer break! This time of year, the change and prospects of new adventures and experiences are exciting and welcome! We also encourage our families to extend their child(ren)’s learning through exploration of reading & math experiences throughout the summer. And most importantly, we look forward to seeing you all in Church on Sundays as we continue to share the experience of worship and spiritual renewal through the Liturgy! Jesus is our center...He is our heart…He is our Teacher and our Shepherd…to be with Him allows us to grow in His love and grace!
Many thanks for allowing us to work with your children this year; your support and engagement is essential to your child(ren)’s academic progress, social development, and spiritual growth! Wishing you all many blessings…from the Faculty & Staff of St. Patrick Catholic School!
FACULTY NEWS: As we head off to our summer adventures, we’d like to share upcoming staff changes for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Mrs. Laura Grimes Abboud will be joining us as our new Principal and is looking forward to being with us!
- Mrs. Christine Hatcher will be returning as Assistant Principal.
- Mrs. Kelly Solomon will not be returning next year; she was presented with a new opportunity that allows her to pursue her professional goals. Mrs. Solomon is a skilled and compassionate teacher; she will be greatly missed! We wish her great success in her new endeavor!
- Mrs. Amy Rothenmeyer, our K-8 music teacher is moving to Virginia and has already found a teaching position! We will miss her musical talent, teaching skill, and her enthusiasm for music! We wish her all the best!
- Mrs. Amanda Rogers – currently 2nd Grade Teaching Assistant and Summer Camp Director – will be our 4th grade homeroom teacher and teaching 3 & 4 Science and 4th & 5th Language Arts.
- Mr. Tony Valente will be taking on the responsibilities of teaching 2nd Grade but will continue to help coach middle school basketball.
- Mrs. Christine Shea will be moving to 8th Grade Homeroom and teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Language Arts. When Mrs. Shea first taught here, she taught MS Language Arts and had 6th grade homeroom; now that her own children are grown and gone, she is moving back up to middle school.
- Mr. Appollonio is returning as 5th grade homeroom teacher but will be teaching Gr 4 through 8th grade Social Studies.
- Mrs. Sarah Szopinski is joining us as our new K - 8 music teacher; you have met Mrs. Szopinski this past month as she filled in for Mrs. Amy Rothenmeyer who has been out on maternity leave. We welcome Mrs. Szopinski to our St. Patrick family!
REPORT CARDS. Signed report cards are going home today. If your child was not in school today, please make arrangements to come by and pick up the report card! If you have moved from the area, they can be mailed to your new address.
RE-ENROLLMENT. If your child attended St. Patrick this year and they will be returning, you MUST re-enroll them to reserve a space for the 2017-018 school year! We cannot guarantee a place for your child unless you complete the re-enrollment process. Thank You!
FIELD DAY. WE SURVIVED! What an exciting day for all! Many thanks to Mrs. Pam Carroll for creating and organizing our SURVIVOR Field Day activities! And she gets an A+ for adaptability, coming up with a Plan B because of the weather! We also sincerely appreciate our military neighbors from Ft. Bragg for spending the day with us, PTO for furnishing water and nourishment, our parent volunteers for sharing the experience, and for our teachers and assistants for “tribe” leadership and enthusiasm! All of you were essential to the success of this special event!
SUMMER CAMP AT ST. PATRICK SCHOOL: Summer is here! Have you made plans for your children? Week 1 is now full for campers, but it is still available for Counselors-In-Training. Download an application at http://www.stpatschoolnc.org/images/RegistrationForm2017.pdf or pick one up in the school office.
GRADUATION AWARDS: Congratulations to our 8th graders that received awards during the graduation ceremony last Friday evening. They are:
The Oona Ryan Law Award – Gaby Tucker
The C. Carter Memorial Scholar/Athlete Award – Blake Barbour
Knights of Columbus Award for Citizenship – Cade Rodriguez
Straight A’s for 3 consecutive middle school years- Gaby Tucker, Cade Rodriguez, and Avery Schenk
Straight A’s for 1 year: Blake Barbour
Gold (Excellence): Avery Schenk, Gaby Tucker and Cade Rodriguez
Silver (Achievement): Danielle Bacic and Blake Barbour
3rd TRIMESTER HONOR ROLL AND SERVANT OF THE LORD AWARDS:
Grade 4: R. Bostaph, R. Grambusch, P. Leal, C. Valencia, C. Fuda, F. Coppola, D. Clark, T. Steelhammer, A. Milewicz
Grade 5: S. Adams, A. Chan, I. Hughes, R. Leclair, A. Lieberman, B. Nicolas, A. Ojageer, E.Roland, M. Staneata, A. Stangle, S. Smith, J. Thomas
Grade 6: J. Kent, S. Mehta, J. Kent, A. Schenk, V. Vargas, S. Uharriet
Grade 7: H. Cameron, C. Ewart, A. Mannell, E. McBrayer, N. Sharma, L. Sims, E. Wells, J. White
Grade 4: None
Grade 5: K. Fetzer, E. Kern, D. Reid, S. Smith, M. Wenthur
Grade 6: None
Grade 7: Grace Weis
Servant of The Lord:
|Preschool: Hailee Green and Cheyenne Lord||3rd Grade: Ian Kim and Madeline Nicolas|
|Kindergarten: Lorelei Erickson, Tom Lodewick,||4th Grade: Francesca Coppola and Grant Washington|
|and Jiraiya Mafnas||5th Grade: Brandon Nicolas and Meredith Wenthur|
|1st Grade: Kaitlin Martin and Shawn Nicolas||6th Grade: Fallon Cooper, Aidan DiPaolo, and Natalie Kim|
|2nd Grade: Matthew del Valle, Emily Gudauskas,||7th Grade: Gabriel Cochran and Grace Weis|
|and Catherine Malone||8th Grade: Zachary DeLellis and Elena Porter|
USED UNIFORMS: If you have any uniform pieces your children have outgrown, please consider donating them to the school. The used uniform room will open next week and will remain open throughout the summer.
B & B BOWLING LANES: To help reward your students for completing another successful school year, B & B Lanes is pleased to offer two free games of bowling per day from May 26th through August 27th. All the children have been given passes to take advantage of this opportunity. “Have a Ball” this summer at B & B Lanes!
SANDHILLS FARM 2 TABLE: Are you taking advantage of this great service? Sign up on the Farm2Table website and fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables are delivered to the school on Thursday for you to pick up. There are 2 options for the frequency of your veggie boxes. Once a week or every two weeks. Plus, you can order specific fruits and vegetables and items from the artisanal market. Visit their website for more information:
EVENTS FOR THE WEEKS OF May 29:
Monday, May 29 – School Closed, Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 30 – Teacher Work Day, Grades on Headmaster
Wednesday, May 31 – Teacher Work Day
Thursday June 1 – Teacher Work Day
Friday, June 2 – Office closed
This is the last Parent Memo of the year!
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
There will be a reception for Mrs. Abboud on August 14th at 6:30 pm in Kennedy Hall, please come and meet the new Principal
Orientation Day is TUESDAY, August 15th from 10am until 2pm
New family meeting is TUESDAY, August 15th at 9am
The first day of school will be WEDNESDAY, August 16th
WEDNESDAY, August 16th - FRIDAY, August 18th are 12:15pm Dismissal Days